Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Hydrus Is Crossing The Susquehanna River Bridge























I posted this on Mog a while back... I figured I would try and start up my "Bestiary Series" here, however I don't think I will limit it strictly to musical interpretations.

The hydrus is an animal that lives in the Nile River. It is the enemy of the crocodile. When it sees a crocodile sleeping with its mouth open, the hydrus first rolls in mud to make itself slippery, then enters the crocodile's mouth and is swallowed. It then eats its way out of the crocodile's belly, killing it.

There are three parts to this beautiful song by David Daniell which you can find on The Great Koonaklaster Speaks: A John Fahey Celebration....


Tripartite journey ... The Belly of the Beast


Crossing the Susquehanna River Bridge

1 comment:

Syd The Squid said...

just let me know when you need some more Bert Jansch Nick... i have LOTS of that too... XXX